ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT POLICY
GSTEC principle business is the selling and installation, servicing and repair of electrical and communication products. This policy applies to all staff, apprentices, contractors and other personnel at workplaces under the management of GSTEC.
GSTEC recognises the importance of protecting and enhancing the health, diversity and productivity of the environment for the benefit of our customers, workers, shareholders and the community and future generations.
Our commitment is to deliver our services and projects in an environmentally responsible manner with due consideration to the principles of Ecological Sustainable Development (ESD).
Specifically, GSTEC is committed to:
- Complying with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations, codes of practice and contractual conditions,
- Preventing pollution of the environment from activities over which we have control,
- Conducting business with suppliers who also have a commitment to responsible environmental management,
- Addressing, as a priority, threats of serious or irreversible environmental damage,
- Conserving biological diversity and ecological integrity,
- Using the real cost of environmental factors in project decisions,
- Providing training and education to workers and contractors, and
- Continually improving our environmental management performance by regular reviews and setting realistic environmental objectives and targets.
All workers are authorised and expected to stop work and immediately notify their supervisor if a task is likely to create a significant environmental impact.
To achieve our policy goals, we will plan and manage our activities in accordance with best practice environmental management principals. This includes achieving an equitable balance between environmental, social and economic considerations.