Ambient Services Group
- 200 bed Public Hospital with General Medical, General Surgery, Paediatric and Ambulatory care.
- Major airside Mechanical & smoke management system upgrade and BMS replacement project.
- Chilled water plant, gas fired boilers, Multi-zone & theatre AHUs.
- Fully occupied & functioning hospital, including Covid-19 wards requiring zero mechanical services downtime and nil interference to hospital operations.
Address: Polding St & Prairie Vale Road, Prairiewood NSW
Project: Fairfield Hospital
Client: Ambient Services Group
Consultant: David Shreeve & Associates (DSA)
GSTEC designed, engineered, installed and delivered a Honeywell N4 building Management System (BMS), utilising the next generation Ciper Niagara based controllers serving:·
- 23 CAV multizone and theatre AHUs.
- Sterile area pressure control.
- Essential & non-essential damper control.
- 39 x Danfoss FC102 variable frequency drives serving ventilation fans.
- 30 x Honeywell Ciper 50 network controllers.
- 2 x water cooled chillers providing 2400kWr capacity.
- 2 x gas fired boilers.
- Steam Generators.
- Calorifier domestic hot water system .
- UV lighting for AHUs.
Ambient and GSTEC completed the project within the project’s specified time-frame with no disruptions other than pre-planned outages through the installation & control of temporary chilled water and heating hot water fan coil units and ductwork for each AHU changeover.
GSTEC maintained three parallel control systems (JCI, Innotech and Honeywell) throughout the project to achieve seamless transition to the new BMS.
GSTEC are the incumbent BMS maintenance contractor at the Hospital for NSW Health.